Buying or selling property is a stressful and expensive step. Barrington & Sons aim to bannish stress, by keeping costs under control, providing a speedy and friendly personal service. We would be pleased to offer you a free written quotation together with details of the services that we can provide. We are accredited under the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
We tailor our services to meet your additional requirements, by investigating the environmental history of the area surrounding the property and investigating the surrounding area for planning applications and land use policies, if requested. We will include details of the cost incurred in these additional investigations in our quotation.
Above all else our aim is to reduce the stress in moving to your new home.
We deal with matters both large and small. We take pride in our expertise to ensure that we meet your objectives and deadlines – all at a reasonable cost.
We have a wealth of experience in:-
- The sale or purchase of development land.
- The granting of commercial options for proposed development of land.
- The sale or purchase of a business, including land or business premises.
- The taking up or the granting of Business leases.
- Acting in the sale or purchase of building estates
We want to help you make your business succeed. Buying, selling, leasing or just working from a commercial property is different to a residential one. Issues that arise are unlikely to be part of a normal conveyance. We can help you through every step of the process.
Make sure your Lease is watertight with the help of our solicitors trained to bring you the best service possible. Drafting a Lease or a License. Explaining the legal jargon, the terms, obligations and liabilities.
Your Will is your final say on your assets. Do not leave the outcome to chance. We will discuss all options and tailor make your Will, giving you the appropriate advice in relation to efficient management of your affairs. We are accredited under the Law Society Wills & Inheritance Quality Scheme, and a member of the Solicitors for the Elderly.
We will assist you in making the important decisions regarding:
- Your Executors/ Trustees – Those you trust to administer your affairs.
- Guardians – Family or friends who know and understand your children.
- Beneficiaries – Partners do not have the same rights as spouses; ‘second’ families to consider; vulnerable minors.
- Tax planning – Why pay more to the Taxman than you need to?
- Care Home fees.
- Setting up of a Suitable Trust.
This is a personal and emotional time for everyone. We know and understand this and aim to make the process as smooth as possible to help you and your family. We are accredited under the Law Society Wills & Inheritance Quality Scheme.
It will be our aim to:
- Deal with you in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Help the executors to understand and complete their duties.
- Complete the necessary Inheritance Tax forms.
- Consider Deeds of Variation for the benefit of the beneficiaries or tax advantages.
- Setting up and administering Trusts.
All in all, the whole process of collecting and distributing the assets will be completed efficiently and cost effectively.
Lasting Powers of Attorney
Consider choosing a trusted family member or friend, or both to deal with your affairs at the crucial time, when you become mentally incapable of dealing with your own affairs. We are a member of the Solicitors for the Elderly.
- To act on specific or all matters.
- To ensure continuity in day to day financial and practical matters.
- Relieve anxiety for the family.
- Avoid in most cases, expensive and time consuming applications to the Court of Protection to appoint a Deputy to manage your affairs.
- Fees to the Office of the Public Guardian are minimised.
The Lasting Power can be likened to an Insurance Policy. A one off fee for peace of mind. Our role will be to set up the power and to assist when it needs to be activated. We also take on the role of an Attorney if required.
Disputes are not pleasant. When two partners have a disagreement it can often result in damaging behavior and allegations. No-one enjoys falling out but sadly it happens. Our role is to facilitate and not to hinder a settlement. We are here to guide you through the whole process.
We are here to help you deal with a wide range of employment issues and provide advice on everything from employment contracts to unfair dismissals. You can talk to us in complete confidence and gain reassurance from speaking to someone who understands your situation.